Hello, Key Clubbers!
I hope that you all are having a GREAT beginning to your summer!
As many of you all know, Key Club International was planning to hold the 2021 International Convention at Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida. However, due to COVID-19 Key Club International has made the difficult decision to cancel ICON. However, they will be hosting a virtual Summer Leadership Conference (SLC).
SLC will feature :
1. Speakers representing nonprofits that are bringing positive changes to communities around the world.
2. Workshops where Key Club members can learn about service, leadership, and club operations.
3. Online recognition that spotlights leaders making a difference in their communities.
4. Lots of fun, chances to win prizes, and fellowship — so you can get to know fellow Key Club members.
In that lineup of speakers, it will include :
1. Alex Sheen, because I said I would. Alex Sheen is the founder of because I said I would, a social movement and nonprofit dedicated to bettering humanity through promises made and kept.
2. Brandon Combs, Erika’s Lighthouse. Brandon Combs is the executive director of Erika’s Lighthouse, a Key Club International partner whose goal is to provide mental health resources to clubs around the world.
3. Evan Wesley, Thirst Project. Evan Wesley is the Vice President of Student Activation for Thirst Project. Evan spends his time traveling around the world speaking to middle school, high school, and college students about the global water crisis and what students can do to END it.
These are just a few of the many distinguished speakers that Key Club International has to offer this year!
Key Club members and their advisors will also have the opportunity to attend workshops focused on the following areas:
1. Raising awareness about service opportunities with the help of our student leaders and partners.
2. Building members’ leadership capacity and character potential through officer training.
3. Learning the soft skills necessary to be an effective leader.
4. Providing members with innovative ways to design meaningful service projects.
5. Allowing collaboration with students from multiple Key Club districts.
I encourage you all to attend this event, It will be a great experience! The registration fee is $25, to register please visit https://www.keyclub.org/summer-leadership-conference-registration/ . Registration closes on Friday, June 25th at Midnight EDT.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out!
Yours in Service,